A Transformative Valentine’s Retreat for Couples!
Led by Christine and Bret Eartheart,
Co-Founders of The Center for Thriving Relationships
UPCOMING DATES & LOCATIONS
9:30-6:30 each day
Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center, Bloomington, IN
You can easily go home for the night or stay at a location of your choosing (hotel options sent after registering).
*This workshop has no religious affiliation whatsoever and welcomes people of all backgrounds.
Imagine… waking up to your best friend, feeling a deep sense of trust, connection, and togetherness. Imagine feeling butterflies and passion again. Imagine being two allies on the same team. Imagine finally breaking through old issues and starting anew. Imagine communicating in ways that bring you closer and easily create solutions that honor you both.
Imagine… having so much fun together. Imagine feeling heard, supported, understood, and appreciated. Imagine being in a relationship that brings out your very best, where your differences work FOR you. Imagine falling in love all over again and finally getting to say, “THIS is the relationship of my dreams!”
For many, our intimate relationship is the most important part of our life. However, most of us have never learned the necessary tools to experience a deeply fulfilling, passionate, and lasting partnership. Join us to start thriving in love!
Is this couples retreat for you?
- Do you find yourselves getting stuck in the same conversation or argument over and over (most couples have the same argument for 40+ years!)?
- Does it sometimes feel like you and your partner are on different pages or want different things?
- Do you wish you could communicate with each other more effectively?
- Do you long to be heard and for your partner to really listen?
- Do you get caught in power struggles?
- In some areas, are your needs unmet? Do you feel unsatisfied and long for more?
- Would you love to have tools to move through conflict a lot more easily and quickly?
- Do you yearn for a deeper connection?
- Do you feel resentful, frustrated, angry, or discouraged by something your partner does or doesn’t do?
- Do you keep hoping your partner will change?
- Do you know your relationship has so much potential but not know how to tap into it?
- Would you love to understand why your partner sometimes acts the way she or he does?
- Does it sometimes feel like your relationship brings out your worst, rather than best?
- Are you worried you’ve compromised or sacrificed too much?
- Are some topics, like sex and money, uncomfortable or avoided altogether?
- Would you love to have more fun together?
- Do you sometimes feel attracted to other people and not know what to do with it?
- Would you love to experience lasting and ever-increasing intimacy and passion?
- Do you unofficially keep score of who did more and who’s to blame?
- Do you feel misunderstood and unappreciated?
- Are you tired of thinking problems, no matter how big or small, will go away on their own and are ready to transform them, once and for all (avoidance is one of the top predictors of divorce in married couples)?
- Are you already in a positive relationship, and the idea of a thriving relationship excites, intrigues, and allures you?!
- When you are together, are you often distracted by the busyness of life?
- Are you long overdue for a weekend solely to focus on your precious love?
If you answered YES to any or most of those questions, rest assured, you aren’t alone. In fact, you are like most couples on the planet. It doesn’t mean you’ve failed or that your relationship is doomed. It simply means you haven’t (yet!) been given the instruction manual or support you need to experience your thriving potential.
Falling in love is easy, and anyone can do it. Staying in love requires a set of tools most of us never learn in school or anywhere else. In fact, when you look around, most couples are just surviving (or barely surviving).
Despite people’s best intentions in relationships, most people are really lost about how to effectively love, hear, appreciate, support, and understand one another (and end up even doing the OPPOSITE of what’s going to actually work).
During this amazing weekend, we truly teach you all of our very FAVORITE relationship tools and insights (things we share daily with clients!) and everything you need to experience fulfilling love that brings out your very best. Leave feeling renewed, reconnected, and inspired about your future together.
The great news is that your partnership likely has more potential than your wildest dreams, and the roadmap is available to you now!
For all couples in every stage:
- You are in a new relationship you want to make the most of and be sure lasts. We honor and celebrate you! You get to save yourselves from countless moments of stress and heartache.
- You are currently experiencing some challenges in your relationship, and you are eager to find solutions. This will be an amazing opportunity to restore loving connection, experience healing and breakthroughs, and learn an abundance of tools to help you for a lifetime (in every relationship in your life!).
- You are on the edge of separation and want to give it one last try (chances are, you haven’t even come close to experiencing your relationship’s potential, and we recommend that people decide whether or not they want to stay together after they actually see what’s possible). We warmly welcome you exactly as you are!
- You are in a positive relationship and are looking to share a romantic and purposeful little getaway weekend together. Join us and get inspired to take your love to a whole new level!
- You are a couple who simply realizes the vital importance of always growing in order to truly thrive! Cheers to that!
In this couples retreat, you will:
For those seeking an agenda, the below items will be covered fully. We also have breaks in the mornings and afternoons and have 90 minutes for lunch each day. We pull from an abundance of resources we’ve spent more than a dozen years passionately studying together, thousands of sessions we’ve facilitated with clients, the latest findings in neuroscience, the research of Dr. John Gottman, and, of course, our own living relationship laboratory! We truly present you with the HEART, the ART, and the SCIENCE of love and relationships and the VERY best insights and techniques we’ve spent years discovering, refining, and developing. You will each receive a comprehensive manual you can return to for a lifetime!
- Discover a whole new relationship paradigm, based on thriving (rather than simply surviving)!
- Learn the Top 10 Relationship Poisons (like blame, criticism, etc.) and how to avoid them.
- Learn the 5 Stages of a Relationship and how to move out of your power struggle and into thriving love.
- Compassionately discover the fears, pain, needs, wounds, and dreams underneath the challenges you experience.
- Finally understand why your partner does and says the things she or he does.
- Learn effective ways of communicating so both of you feel deeply seen and heard.
- Recognize your Relationship Leaks and how to close them.
- Discover how old wounds continue to play a role in your current relationship and how to turn your partnership into a source of healing for both of you.
- Learn the 3 most powerful ways to create instant shifts in relationships.
- Discover what a Love Account is and how to keep it filled.
- Discover (or revisit) each other’s Love Languages, and gain essential insights on how to best love and support each other.
- Together, come up with new daily, weekly, and long-term rituals and traditions that keep you thriving for years to come (we’ll give you lots of ideas!).
- Discover the most powerful and efficient ways to stay deeply connected, no matter how busy you are.
- Find out how to turn your differences into a source of gain, rather than conflict and pain.
- Learn why it’s essential to create a Strengths-Based Relationship and how to make it happen.
- Learn what the “job you were never hired for” is in your relationship and how to succeed at the one you were.
- Learn and practice how to give a Super-Powered Apology that goes right to the heart and how to repair after conflict has occurred.
- Discover our favorite ways to bring more appreciation into your relationship (these transformed our own union!).
- Learn the effects stress has on relationships (including some fascinating neuroscience that will help you better understand and manage it) and how to buffer your relationship from the damage stress can cause.
- Learn what to do when you are feeling triggered and emotions are high.
- Breakthrough gridlock conflict with our signature Relationship Breakthrough Process.
- Find new ways to turn frustrations and complaints into creative agreements that work for you both.
- Reignite a spirit of playfulness, togetherness, teamwork, romance, and aliveness, and fall in love all over again with your very best friend.
- Co-create a new inspiring Relationship Vision that excites and inspires you both and that will serve as your guiding light after you leave.
- Receive the “Thrive in Love” relationship manual, filled with exercises, tools, and activities to use for a lifetime.
Photos from Past Retreats
(* Rest assured, there will not be any photographing of your retreat, and we take confidentiality very seriously!)
Wondering about privacy at the retreat? Read on!
- We understand how important privacy is and how intimate, personal, and vulnerable many aspects of your relationship are. We totally get that you may not want anyone else to know anything at all about what’s going on within your partnership. We have taken this into careful account and have designed a retreat that can make a profound impact on your relationship and help you experience huge breakthroughs while never sharing anything with us or the larger group (unless, of course, you choose to do so!).
- In fact, this retreat setting is perfect for those who may feel intimidated by or uncomfortable with couples therapy or counseling since you are able to maintain a level of anonymity (unless you choose to be less anonymous!). You can even use different names for the weekend so others can’t identify you! :) Of course, we will know who you are, but others don’t even need to learn your true first or last names.
- Again, you can maintain privacy the entire time and never need to share anything with anyone but each other. You get to create the comfiest spot for the two of you to learn and grow together (complete with blankets, pillows, snacks, coffee, and tea!), and we will never call on you unless your hand is raised.
- The way the format works, in general, is that we will introduce and demonstrate a whole variety of scenarios and thriving relationship tools and concepts. Before you put the concepts into practice between the two of you, we will sometimes ask for any volunteer couples who want come up front for us to guide them through the process. This is completely optional, and most couples do not choose to volunteer for this (which is perfectly okay!). For the other participants, witnessing the volunteer couples is deeply moving and inspiring. After we’ve gone over everything, you then get to practice what we teach and share just between the two of you.
- Again, you can truly stay in your own private connection the entire weekend, taking in the insights and tools we share and applying and practicing them in your own private space where nobody else at the retreat will hear you, and you never need to interact with anyone but each other. Yes, we are repeating ourselves a bit — only because we know how very important privacy is for people.
- Everything will be kept completely confidential, and we will ask the entire group to agree to this at the start of Saturday.
- The workshop will be a very safe space where each individual will be fully honored. Nobody will be blamed, criticized, or shamed. Every challenge is embraced with utmost compassion and as a beautiful opportunity to learn and grow.
- We believe relationship healing and growth doesn’t have to be scary and painful and can, instead, be fun and full of joy, relief, heart-opening wonder, and playfulness!
- We guarantee you will leave the weekend seeing yourself, your partner, and the world in fresh, new, and illuminating ways that will deeply serve you in every area of your life for the rest of your life. If not, we are happy to offer you your money back, guaranteed.
- If you still have questions or concerns about privacy or anything else, just send Christine an email at Christine@CenterThrive.com, and she will be so happy to address all your questions and concerns!
Dates and Investment
February 16-17, 2019 (Bloomington, IN)
The workshop lasts from 9:30-6:30 each day, and there is a 90-minute break for lunch.
$395 per couple (early bird rate), $450 (regular)
* Payment plans available. Visit this page for payment plan options. Please be in touch at Info@CenterThrive.com if money is a barrier.
Should you need to cancel after registering, you will simply be credited for a future retreat you can attend.