As we grow our dream team here at the Center for Thriving Relationships, it is so important to us that we always give our clients and community the most loving, supportive, and positive experience possible, and so, in preparation for the changes that are coming, we wrote up some communication guidelines to keep us all in sync with the values and vision of what we hold dear around here.
Everyone we’ve shown these guidelines to has loved them (many begged us for a copy), so we wanted to be sure to share them with all of you! They will help you communicate in your daily interactions with a lot more love, kindness, and joy. May they be of service to you!
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR EVERY INTERACTION
- Take the extra moment to transform an interaction from the mundane (purely logistical) into the magical (warmth, well wishes, uplifting support, and positive energy), so their day gets sprinkled with some love.
- Acknowledge and praise people for what they are doing well and right.
- Point out others’ beauty, goodness, and gifts to them. People forget who they really are.
- Handle people with gentleness and compassion. Seek understanding, rather than assumptions or judgments. Remember there is so much going on underneath what anyone says or does, and they are struggling in ways we don’t see.
- Hold everything in complete confidentiality as if it is sacred. It is.
- Help people feel heard and supported by offering them empathy before advice or feedback.
- Delight in finding creative solutions to whatever challenges arise.
- Express gratitude abundantly. Say thank you at least once (aim for more!) in every encounter.
- Drop into their heart with your open heart.
- Be fully present with whatever they are needing, feeling, and experiencing.
- When someone shares positive news, take a moment to really celebrate with them!
- See the strengths and good intentions on the flip-side of any personality or request you find challenging.
- Remember your own humanness and imperfections so you can have grace with the humanness and imperfections of others.
- When someone offers negative feedback, rather than taking it personally or getting defensive, find the nugget of gold to learn and grow. Value the unique wisdom and perspectives inside of everyone. Be humble and teachable.
- Take some deep breaths to come back into your heart and realign with the energy of love and joy as many times as necessary.
Know that YOU are loved and appreciated. Have fun sprinkling kindness in the world and connecting with other precious humans from your own gorgeous heart.
Be sure to click HERE to get the printable poster you can hang up for easy reminders (it’s colorful and fun too)!
If you put these into practice, we know everyone you interact with will feel more supported, uplifted, and connected — thank you for spreading the love!
Let us know of anything we can possibly do to support you in creating the kind of love you’ve always wanted. We’re here for you with all our hearts!
Infinite Love and Joy,
PS: Visit this page to learn more about our counseling/coaching, retreats, and online courses (available anywhere in the world). You can also schedule a free consultation to see if we’re a great fit for the support you are seeking.
Want to be sure you don’t miss another blog? Sign up to receive inspiring monthly relationship tips delivered right to your inbox!